Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Slowed down

I've written one post for this blog and one for Ethan's but haven't publish them yet because I can't seem to upload the photos. I've tried for a few days but to no avail.

I'm not sure if this problem is related to my internet connections. I just found out today that we have gone over our download limit for this month, so the connection will be slowed down to a dial-up speed, half of my broadband speed. It's just the way internet are offered here in Australia. Unlike Malaysia's Streamyx with unlimited download. Sometimes I find the terms they use here are quite redundant. They say 'unlimited download', then in the fine prints they say 'after 12gb of download the speed will be slowed down to 256kbps'.

I'm actually with a quite good provider already, AAPT, because this is the best deal that I found compared to other big communications provider. We're paying A$41.00 per month for 12gb download at 512kbps. Also came with a free modem. 12gb has been enough for us before but I was told we're 4gb over the limit this month. We have to wait until the 1st of June before we get back our original speed. So everything is going to be slowed down until next month. Sorry I won't be doing a lot of visiting to other blogs until then.

3 comments:

LA My Home said...

when i posted my comments on bee's page, i saw yours at the same time. it wasn't there when i was leaving the comment. guess u r onlnie but not on msn.

Mommibee says HI from Sydney said...

wei, today already 1st June, i guess u would be at turbo speed again :P I'm using TPG ADSL2 at $59/month - 30GB download .. so far havent used over 30GB/month yet.

LiL'deviL said...

la my home: Yeah, maybe not on MSN because not using laptop.

g: I meant to publish the Mother's Day post yesterday but the photo was in my laptop and I didn't bother to turn it on.

Wow, so you're on ADSL2? How does it compare to ADSL? 30GB download is a lot. And that price is a good deal!