Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, May 04, 2007

Daddy's day off

30th April 2007
Went to Harris Scarfe on Monday. They had a one-day sale, 50% discount storewide except certain stuffs which I wasn't interested in buying. Got some clothes for Ethan, a wok and a mini muffin baking tray (to make muffins for him). Ethan had lots of fun walking around. Poor Eddie and I had to hold his hands and stop him from touching everything plus trying to shop at the same time. He doesn't want to sit in his stroller and doesn't want to be picked-up. He also didn't have much sleep, he never does whenever Eddie's off.

It was a long day, we went to Coles after that. I bought a lot of ingredients to make food for Ethan. I got this Women's Weekly Fresh Food for Babies & Toddlers magazine not too long ago and found some yummy and easy recipes. I just wished I had bought this earlier. They have recipes for 6-24 month olds.

When we came home, Eddie swept and mopped the floor and cooked dinner. I changed our bedsheets, fed and bathe Ethan. He was getting ready for bed, read him stories and gave him milk. He just had a bit of milk and then started coughing and vomited his dinner out, on his clean face/hair/clothes and on our clean bedsheets. Pity him, he was terrified. So I had to bathe him again while Eddie cleaned the bed.

A little while after that Eddie felt that Ethan was a bit warm so I took his temperature, or at least I tried. We got this 'armpit' thermometer which takes forever to get his temp especially when he's moving around and trying to take it out. The temp recorded before he took it out was about 37+C so that's higher than normal. Gave him a dose of Panadol and then tried to give him some milk before he sleeps but he only took some.

I actually thought of buying the ear/forehead thermometer before as they take really fast temps. Then I thought we don't use it often so I didn't buy it, but now I'm definitely going to get one. Really saves a lot of trouble and I don't want to make him feel uneasy when he's already sick.

Will continue with the next day on my next post.

5 comments:

Mommibee says HI from Sydney said...

poor Ethan! thank goodness he's alright. it's so nice to hv a hubby who cooks (mine doesn't- he'd rather go buy take away *LOL* except on special occassions when he'll cook for me. Well, i hate cooking either but no choice). too cute that ethan's so enthusiastic abt walking in the mall and everywhere :D got yr email addy, thanks.

LiL'deviL said...

g: Eddie is a chef mar, so I don't cook for him. He would love me to cook for him of course, but he doesn't like to eat the food that I know how to cook. So too bad!

Anonymous said...

Hey.. i think i have same book as u.. women weekly baby n tot food? nice colourful recipe? belinda bought for us hehehe..

Anonymous said...

jo, how to delete that comment? forgotten to put my name hehehe
anyway it's me, mer

LiL'deviL said...

mer: HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII Mer!!!!! Been waiting for you to visit, finally! Yeah, that's the book. When you said Belinda I've guessed it's you already. Please come often yea!