Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, May 21, 2007

Hate it when this happens

Okay, this is really frustrating. I just wrote a whole long post, just missing the ending, that is to link the video. If you're using blogger you should know they have this new thing where they automatically save our drafts. So before I close the window it says down there that it's saved already, I can't click on the button anymore. And I have done it before, nothing wrong. But now...AAARRRRGGH!!!!!!!!! I've been meaning to write that post for so long already but now it's gone, goNE, GONE! *curse* This really puts me off.

It's not just blog. Sometimes in emails also like that. I wrote a whole long mail and then click 'send'. The next thing I see is 'Internet Explorer cannot find the site'. The difference is emails doesn't automatically save our drafts. So blogger gave me that assurance, which I'm not going to trust again.

4 comments:

THE HUNGRY RECIPE TESTER said...

Been there too... I think it is because of the unstable internet connection. Everytime when I write long, long posts or emails, I know at some point the internet connection may hang or get disrupted somehow, so to be on the save side, I usually highlight the entire email/post contents and right-click to "copy" it (if it doesn't have a "save" option). That way, when the email is up but the contents are gone, I can just "paste" the previous copied content into the email space again.

Mommibee says HI from Sydney said...

sorry to hear that. i usually write on a .txt file/notepad first ... after kena many times by Blogger already :P

LiL'deviL said...

binky: After kena many times in email I also saved the whole thing 'just in case', but I rarely write long emails now so have ditched the habit. Now have to start remembering to do that again.

g: Very smart to write on something that actually can be relied on first. Well, not really rely on but at least better than the Internet!

Angeleyes said...

It happened to me b4 too! And that was in WP!!!! Luckily now it don't happen lioa or else I'll just quit blogging! LOL