Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

To keep or not to keep? (end)

After reading Mrs. Wallace Notes I realised I forgot to write something in my previous post. Another reason on top of whatever I had to keep the baby was the difficulty to conceive. I know a couple who tried for about 8 years and now they've signed up for adoption, and the waiting list is pretty long.

Even if you get lucky and managed to conceive, it is not easy to keep the embryo long enough to become a foetus. I saw this documentary, The Human Body by BBC (I highly recommend it), it's a six-part dvd that brings you from the time of conception to the time of death. I don't know the statistics but it's in there, there's a very high chance that you will lose the embryo and it will come out as your normal period and you wouldn't even know it. We did not plan for Ethan, but after knowing that it's not easy to conceive, we feel so lucky that he came to us.

Also, to be pregnant at the same time as my sis, that's another blessing. We had so much to talk about. Sharing the same experience at the same moment. What more could I ask for? Actually I could ask that we could be nearer. We could've shared the babies stuffs if we were near. Our due dates were about a month apart. I still remember people asking me what if the babies were born on the same day and I specifically said that it was impossible because one month is a big gap. How wrong was I! One month apart became one day apart. Who would've thought, not only did Ethan chose to came to us, he also chose to meet us earlier than he was supposed to. More details on that as I blog along.

5 comments:

Mommibee says HI from Sydney said...

I hv friends unable to conceive too and I truly feel for them, how much their hearts must ache and long to bring up a baby in their arms.

LiL'deviL said...

g: I know, I felt so bad to be even considering of not wanting to keep Ethan when there are people out there who wants a child so badly but couldn't.

Mommibee says HI from Sydney said...

thats ok JoAnn, u were very young then (still is hehe) and given ur situation at the time, it must've been difficult. But all's well, from now on, there is only good days ahead! when my friend had a baby at 27 while i was in KL, i was thinking, duh, so young, we're not done partying and all yet, so many fun things to do! But now, i envy her, she made the right decision! she's the one who can go here, there & everywhere now, but me .. aiyoyo stuck here, an old Mama. wont be another 10 years later when i can grow back my feathers on my wings and start "flying" LOL

THE HUNGRY RECIPE TESTER said...

I tried 3 years for Ian, and I remember feeling envious and miserable when my friends as well as my hubby's colleagues told us that they were pregnant, and that we were trying so hard at that time.

Of course, I don't blame you if you didn't feel like keeping the baby at that time, because I understand there were many reasons that made you feel that way. Most important thing is that both parents should be able to feel emotionally and financially ready.

LiL'deviL said...

g: Thanks for understanding. I only thought that I was young to have a baby compared to my friends. But I wasn't compared to many others over here who are below 20.

binky: Congratulations on your success! I agree with you about being emotionally and financially ready to have a baby, though I wasn't either. But I am glad that I didn't throw a life away.