Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, April 13, 2007

To keep, or not to keep? (part 1)

July 2005
When I first knew that I was pregnant, I was shocking surprised, not happy surprised. Eddie, my then fiancé, was happy surprised. He was ready to have a baby but I wasn't. To tell you the truth, I had thought of abortion. I even called up the place and made an appointment. I haven't decided then but the first available appointment was in two weeks. So I had that time to think. I don't know if it was fate or not but my sis just happened to tell me that she was pregnant like not too long ago. Asked a lot of opinions from her. Eddie of course wanted to keep the baby but he said he would let me decide.

The main thing that I kept thinking at that time was "Would we be able to support the baby?" I don't even have a job yet. The government do pay us A$3,000 per baby (until June 2006, additional A$1,000 for babies born July 2006) and child support in the form of family tax benefit. How much can that cover for? I know a baby is really expensive. Other reasons that kept me from having the baby are,

  • no more two-persons-world (yee yan sai gai) since once they are born they're gonna stick to us for at least another 18 years
  • we don't have much space to house the baby because we're renting a two-room and my brother was going to move in about 8 months and I didn't really like the condition of the house because I didn't think would be appropriate for a baby
  • whether we're able to cope taking care of the baby
  • who's looking after the baby if I decide to work
  • the pain in labour
  • the confinement stage after labour (I really cannot stand ginger!)
  • change in body shape and size
  • change in lifestyle

Basically that's all I could remember.

Well, sis told me not to write long post because it's faster to read so good for busy people. So, to know what made me made my decision, watch out for my next post...

to be continued...

5 comments:

THE HUNGRY RECIPE TESTER said...

I felt that way too, only that that feeling came when I was in my 3rd trimester. It was like the real fact actually finally settled in, and a tiny 3rd person is going to change our twosome lives forever. Scary! But now, he's a darling!

Mommibee says HI from Sydney said...

hehe kan cheong to read ur nx chapter. U've made the BEST ever decision to keep ur boy, look at him now .. worth EVERYTHING in the whole world. U've got the benefit of being a young mommy :D

LiL'deviL said...

binky: Thanks for visiting! I felt the same way in my third trimester, worse than my first, because I knew the time was near, and there's no turning back!

g: It's always nice to know that there are people who think my blog is interesting. I always thought that it's boring readers. Anyway, I was glad about the decision I made. He's the best thing that happened.

Anonymous said...

I have yet to do a journal for my boy too... I only started when he was 8-mth old. I don't think I can do now as he's getting very clingy each day!

Good that you have decided to blog again... Maybe we can meet someday just like I met your sis last year! :P

LiL'deviL said...

angeleyes: Hey, thanks for visiting! My boy is 14 months now and I've just started. It's not easy, I can only online after he slept at night. But I'm getting motivated as I see more people visiting my blog.