Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Yay, we're going to KL!

Yes! We are flying back to KL on the 25th of September and returning on the 22nd of November. Woo hoo! Eddie is leaving one month after us and returning on the same day.

My friend from Sydney, Bird, called me today to tell me about the promotion Jetstar is having. Jetstar is a sub from Qantas, of cheap fares, like Air Asia. They are launching flights to KL in September. The promo price is $199 per way from Sydney. So I have to get flights from Adelaide to Sydney and back separately. It's well worth it. The return tickets for KUL-SYD is less than $400 and Ethan gets to travel for free. Currently the domestic tickets is $114 per way so it comes up to about $600 in total. We are waiting to see if they have promotion for the domestic flights then only we will buy.

If I were to take Malaysia Airlines back from Adelaide it would cost me at least $1,000+ return. Ethan's ticket would cost another $100+. And that ticket is for 35 days only. It's either that or one year. They don't have 3 months or 6 months ticket. Since Jetstar's price is one way so there's no time limit, but if you want to take advantage of the promo then have to be back by December lah. Also we had to search for the dates that had the cheap fare and they do not fly everyday to KL.

Since it's a cheap fare there won't be blanket, meals nor entertainment. I hardly use the blanket, I can always bring my own meal, and I cannot be entertained with Ethan around anyway. If we wanted those extras we had to pay $10 for blanket, $30 for meals, and $10 for entertainment. I think I would feel weird though, when they serve meal to everyone and skip those who did not pay for it.

It's just too bad that they do not have flights to KL now. My godbrother is getting married on Saturday and we didn't get to go. *sigh* Here we would like to wish all the best to the newlyweds, Chris and Ee-Leeng.

8 comments:

eiko-chan said...

YEAH!! KAIJIE IS COMING BACK =D!!!

But really pity you and AnnaJieJie couldn't come back now (>< )! Teehee! The wedding's tomorrow, tired tired, today open house (but woops, forgot about picture paiseh =P!)!

THE HUNGRY RECIPE TESTER said...

Let me know how your experience in bringing a baby toddler onboard the plane is. I'm interested to know because me and my family will be going back to Singapore and Malaysia next year, around when Ian is about 1.5 years old.. Thx!

Mommibee says HI from Sydney said...

huh so cheap! thanks for bloggin abt it else i wont kno. gotta check the fares out myself :D am happy for u too that u'll be back to kl soon!

LiL'deviL said...

eiko: Wah, got open house some more ar!! As I'm typing this you all are enjoying the dinner now.

binky: Sure thing! Actually this is our second time back to KL. We went back end of last year and met up with sis. That was when Ethan was 9 months old. It wasn't too bad that time since he can't walk yet, this time I don't know.

g: Aiya, sorry ler should've blogged earlier then. The promo was over the time I published this post.

Anonymous said...

Ryan:
yeay friend coming..friend coming... (translated)
mer:
cant wait to see ya hehe..
this time have to spend more time and stay here longer ya... we take one car from ben and we go kai-kai without him hehehe...

LiL'deviL said...

Mer: How to go kai kai just us? Me hold two little persons? kekke...ahhh...whatever la! hahahah...

Ethan: I'm coming to your first birthday...hopefully!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That was a great promo price for the airfare wor! How come Ethan an travel for free leh??? Even AirAsia is charging a flat rate for kids below 2.

LiL'deviL said...

angeleyes: I have no idea why it's free for infants below 2. But I do know children travel the same price as adults.