Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Mini muesli & apple muffins (by Heinz)

Got this recipe from the back of Heinz Muesli & Apple cereal box. Ethan absolutely loves it. I made it once quite a while ago and it took Ethan forever to finish all 24 of them (23 actually because my brother ate one not knowing they were for Ethan). I only gave him one or two a day at first, then I realised it was taking too long so I started to give him four muffins for breakfast, not everyday though. You can actually freeze them for up to 3 months but my freezer was full at that time.

It says there, "Recipe suggestion", so I guess it means you can replace the ingredients. I skipped the sultanas (raisins). I'm gonna write the recipe out without using the Heinz brand ingredients like they did.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups self raising flour, sifted
1/2 cup muesli and apple cereal (okay this one is Heinz but if you don't have that you can just use normal muesli)
1/2 cup light brown or raw sugar
2 Tbsp sultanas (raisins)
1 tsp cinnamon
3/4 cup full cream milk
1/3 cup canola oil
120g pureed cooked apples (the original suggestion was 1 x 120g can of Heinz Apples)

Method:
  1. Combine flour, muesli, sugar, sultanas and cinnamon.
  2. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients. Stir in the milk, oil and apples, until just combined.
  3. Spoon into lightly greased mini muffins tins (I used patty pan cases).
  4. Bake at 180ÂșC for 12-15 minutes, or until golden.

MAKES 24 (freeze up to 3 months)

Happy baking!!!

5 comments:

Mommibee says HI from Sydney said...

thanks for sharing the recipe. sounds easy enough for hubs to do it, haha he is the one who'd bake muffins and he is the one who has interest in baking for his little girl. Once he made banana custard but Bee didnt like it. I saw also no appetite lah, haha.

LiL'deviL said...

g: Wahh...so nice! Mine just cook, never bake.

Sweetpea said...

hi hi,
wondering if u received an email from me about arbonne products and if i can get a certain item from you? :)

Unknown said...

Ryan: mmm... cant wait til ayee come and make for me.. yum yum...

Anonymous said...

Not bad article, but I really miss that you didn't express your opinion, but ok you just have different approach